- New Laws for the Causes of Saints - Congregation for the Causes fo Saints
- Cathechism of the Catholic Church on Saints
- BOLLANDISTES: Saints and History
- Medieval Sourcebook Saints' Lives
Consider Saints in Your VBS by Kathy Carlisle - The upcoming observance of the Feasts of All Saints provides an opportunity for you to consider including saints in your VBS next summer.
What Saints Look Like by Lee Danesco - If you ask your students to draw pictures of saints, what will they draw? People wearing serious expressions and medieval robes? Men and women being martyred or ministering to the poor? While such images are representative of saintly living, they fall short of portraying visions of sainthood that can motivate young people toward more Christ-like living today.
The Communion of Saints by Allan Figueroa Deck, SJ, Ph.D., STD - One of the richest and most evocative doctrines of the Catholic Church is the Communion of Saints.
A Modern-Day Miracle Worker, by Bob French, The Word Among Us, January 2010 - André Bessette seemed an unlikely candidate, but he was God's own choice
May We Invoke The Saints? By Elizabeth A. Johnson, Theology Today - Vol 44, No.1 - April 1987
Saints: Living Theology , Sr. Johanna M Paruch, FGSM, Ph.D, The Sower Vol. 30, No. 3 Catechetical Saints, July-Sept 2009 Issue - "Saints offer us living theology. How do we draw on the saints for this living theology, both for our own lives and for our work as catechists?"
In the Footsteps of the Saints by Jeanne Heiberg, Catechist Magazine, October 2009 - "A sight that often entertains me at Mass appears on the feet of altar servers. They look angelic in their white albs, until one notices what's on their feet—contemporary and stylish shoes, usually tennis shoes. Their contemporary footwear stands in humorous contrast to the ancient-appearing robes."
The Promise of Immortality: Celebrating All Saints and All Souls by Jem Sullivan, Ph.D., Catechist Magazine, October 2009 - "On the Solemnity of All Saints and the Commemoration of All Souls we are invited to ponder with the eyes of faith the mystery of time, eternity, and death itself. These liturgical celebrations remind us that the human desire for immortality is concerned with not only our physical bodies. Immortality is a spiritual reality made concrete in the lives of the saints and the souls who precede us in faith."
Living under the Mystery of the Cross by Hallie Riedel - Saints & Christian Heroes - The Word Among Us - "On August 2, 1942, the German S.S. stormed a Carmelite convent in Echt, Holland, and demanded that one of its nuns, Sister Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, be handed over immediately, along with her sister Rosa."
Resources for All Saints Day and All Souls Day
- Catholic Faith Education: All Hallows Eve, All Souls and All Saints Day
- Catholic Educators News: October, 2004 - All Hallows Eve, All Souls and All Saints Day - Scroll down the page to see a review of some online resources
- All Souls Day, Purgatory and Prayers for the Dead - article by by Marcellino D'Ambrosio, Ph.D.
- Resources for Catholic Educators - Saints
- Classroom Activities on Saints - Resources for Catholic Educators
- The Wisdom of Saints - Resources for Catholic Educators
- Resources for Catholic Educators - Saints: Coloring Pages
- Creed: In the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints
- Resources for Catholic Educators Store - Saints
- Art Prints and Posters - Saints
- A Cloud of Witness by Mary McEntee McGill - This month we prepare to celebrate All Saints' Day (November 1) and All Souls' Day (November 2). Each year these holy days remind us of the gifts we have received from those who—by their example of faith—have touched our lives.
- Saints of Eastern Traditions - by Fr. Anthony J. Salim
- Companions in Faith - by Mitch and Kathy Finley
- Female Founders: Answering God’s Call - by Vicky Hébert and Denis Sabourin
- Theology Library: Saints
- Papal Documents on Saints
- Patricia's World Of Catholic Saints And Holy Witnesses
- American Catholic Online Saint of The Day
- The Roman Martyrology
- Catholic Online - Saints Feasts Calendar
- The Wisdom of the Saints
did the custom of canonizing saints start, and is it
true that canonizations are infallible?
- The Process of Becoming a Saint - Fr. William Saunders
- Praying to Our Advocates in Heaven - Fr. William Saunders
- What is a Saint? - Peter Kreeft
- Catholic Religion-Saints - Suite101.com
- Saints:Holy and Human by Michael D. Guinan, O.F.M.
- Friar Jack Muses About All Saints
- Communion of Saints: Top Team of All Time by James Philipps - Youth Update
- Church History in the Light of the Saints by Joseph A. Dunney
The following Links for Learners resources are study guides on Catholic topics from various issues of St. Anthony Messenger online edition. They are designed for young Catholics, particularly those in high school.
- St. Juan Diego: New World Apostle
- St. Anthony: Portugal's Favorite Son
- Francis: Saint for a New Millennium
- Saints in the Supermarket
- Edith Stein: Our Newest Saint
- St. Jerome: The Perils of a Bible Translator
Calendars and Indexes of Saints ~ General Information on Saints - Individual Saints
Saint Therese of Lisieux ~ Maximillian Kolbe ~ Mary
North American Martyrs (Canadian Martyrs) ~ Canonization & Beatification
Classroom Activities on Saints ~ The Wisdom of Saints
Reviews of Web Sites Focussing on Saints ~ Saints Coloring Pages - Books on Saints