on the Catholic Faith Education Blog
and Religious Education
If you wish to add one or both of the following widgets to your blog or Web site, simply copy and paste the following code(s) between the <body></body> tags where you wish the widget(s) to appear:
You can now find resources for Catholic Faith Education on the new Magazine style Scoop.it magazine. The widget below shows a sampling of the most recently posted resources. Click on any of them to see the full content:
Click on any of titles below to read more...:
<!-- Start widget code--><p>Click on any of titles below to read more...:
</p><iframe align="middle" frameborder="0" height="200" scrolling="no"
speed=5&mode=normal&width=400" width="400"></iframe><!-- End widget code-->
Daily Bible Poster. Click on the image below for a free printable poster.
<!-- Start widget code--><p>Daily Poster - Click on the image to see a free full sized printable version:
name="verses" width="260" height="300" scrolling="No" frameborder="0" id="verses2" allowtransparency="true"></iframe><!-- End widget code-->
Resources for Feast Days and Special Days
Resources for feast days:
- 2 April: Saint Francis of Paola, hermit - Optional Memorial
- 4 April: Saint Isidore, bishop and doctor of the Church- Optional Memorial
- 5 April: Saint Vincent Ferrer, priest - Optional Memorial
- 7 April: Saint John Baptist de la Salle, priest - Memorial
- 11 April: Saint Stanislaus, bishop and martyr - Memorial
- 13 April: Saint Martin I, pope and martyr - Optional Memorial
- 21 April: Saint Anselm of Canterbury, bishop and doctor of the Church - Optional Memorial
- 23 April: Saint George, martyr, or Saint Adalbert, bishop and martyr - Optional Memorial
- 24 April: Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen, priest and martyr - Optional Memorial
- 25 April: Saint Mark the Evangelist - Feast
- 28 April: Saint Peter Chanel, priest and martyr; or Saint Louis Marie de Montfort, priest - Optional Memorial
- 29 April: Saint Catherine of Siena, virgin and doctor of the Church - Memorial
- 30 April: Saint Pius V, pope - Optional Memorial
on the Sunday and Daily Readings
Articles, Commentaries, Homilies, Clipart, Coloring pages, Puzzles, Children's Stories for the upcoming Sunday Gospel readings:
For more articles, commentaries, homilies, clipart, coloring pages, puzzles, children's stories for Sunday Gospel readings consult the following pages: Sunday Readings: Matthew - Sunday Readings Mark - Sunday Readings Luke - Sunday Readings: John
Other Useful Resources: Prepare for Mass Blog - Lector's Notes - Lector Works - Lectors Proclaim
Daily Mass Readings:
March - April - May - June
Contemplating Today's Gospel
Click on the images below for
free printable monthly calendars
The Common English Bible - Lenten Readings
Articles for CATECHIST Magazine - February 2012
- The Wisdom of Proverbs by Jean Grant
Help your students understand the wisdom of the Book of Proverbs with this prayer service.
- Complete-A-Project Bible Search: Faith Shows in Good Works by Alice Pfeifer, CSA
This Complete-A-Project Bible Search activity is for teacher and students (grades 4-6) working together.
- Learning by Heart: Love Is … by Judith Costello
This teaching tool uses visual clues to trigger memorization. Presented as a puzzle, it is a unique way to remember key elements of our faith, including prayers, Scripture, facts on Catholic teachings and traditions.
- Spirituality and World Religions by Sr. Judith Martin, SSJ, PhD
- Advice from Master Catechists—February 2012 by Dan Thomas, Kate Ristow, Chris Weber, and Sr. Janet Schaeffler
How can our class fast together during Lent? How is having students pray at home as part of a lesson on prayer a good idea, a bad idea?
- Almsgiving Pockets by Judith Costello
Of the three traditional ways to prepare our hearts and purify our souls during Lent—praying, fasting, and almsgiving—almsgiving may need special prompting and explanation.
- Inspiration for February by Mary McEntee McGill
As I was looking through a book of the saints hoping to find someone interesting who might inspire me through the long and dark days of February, I came upon a special saint—a person of charity, leadership, and courage.
- Finding Our Way by Marlene Sweeney
During winter, DREs might face more than cancelled classes due to weather.
- Craft Clip: Plastic Tubs by Jeanne Heiberg
Thoroughly wash all plastic tubs and then have fun making useful items
- Celebrating Saint Scholastica by Patricia Mathson
Dedicated to God Feast Day: February 10
- A Lenten Scripture Echo by Sandi Belleque
Use this Scripture Echo from Matthew 6:1-8, 16-18 to teach students what Jesus says about giving alms, praying, and fasting.
- Beyond Service Projects: Cultivating the Call to Care by Kate Ristow
- Lenten Practicesby Jean Larking
A Family Together - February 2012
- Walking With Jesus in Lent by Jeanne Heiberg
Articles from various sources
- Are we there yet? Life as lenten journey by Kathryn Begnaud, Every Day Catholic
- Ten Tips for Welcoming New Catholics: The Role of the Community in the RCIA by: Msgr. Richard Hilgartner, Catholic Updates
- The Real St. Patrick by: Franciscan Media editors, Catholic Updates
- Rediscover Lent: Day by Day by: Matthew Kelly, Catholic Updates
- Praying with the Jesuits by James Martin, SJ - Tap into a spiritual tradition that can enrich your prayer life, Catholic Digest
- Show and tell: Six ways to teach your children the faith by Catherine O'Connell-Cahil, US Catholic
- From Slave to Saint: The Story of St. Josephine Bakhita by JILL BOUGHTON, The Word of God Among Us, February 2012
- A God of Mercy and Love: If you want to know who God is, look at what he has done,The Word of God Among Us, February 2012
- A God of Wisdom and Goodness, The Word of God Among Us, February 2012
- A God of Faithfulness and Justice, The Word of God Among Us, February 2012
- An Artisan of Peace: The Story of St. Charbel of Lebanon BY: FADY NOUN, The Word of God Among Us, February 2012